File Paths in .elf File

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Paths in .elf File

danielbronson
Contributor II

I am building .elf files in Codewarrior 10.6 Special Edition for Eclipse.  I am seeing file paths inside of the .elf file which are absolute paths and not relative!  This seems like a strange thing to have in a binary output of a build process!  I am even surprised that there are file paths in the file at all...

I am interested in having an output binary which is created exactly the same on every machine it is built on, as long as they have the same source files and IDE version.  Can I do this with the output .elf?

Did I miss a setting in CW IDE?  Is this common to have in output binaries?  Can someone shed a bit of experiential light on this issue? 

Thanks for any help in advance!

Dan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Daniel.

Do you want to know how to generate binary file on CW 10.6?

If not , could you show your requirement detaily ?

And which chip  ?

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

danielbronson
Contributor II

Alice,

I already know how to generate the binary files on CW 10.6.  I am wondering why there are absolute paths inside of the .elf files after they are generated.  I don't have requirements: I am only curious on why the .elf file has those paths in it. 

Dan

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Daniel.

The .elf file is a file that can flash to the chip . In the file , there is the address and the binary data.

Could you screenshot to show what path ?

BR

Alice

0 Kudos