Hi! I would like if the corruption of a memory sector flash since number of its erase/write cycles exceeded 100K could impact on another memory sector. Regards, Leonid.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi! I would like if the corruption of a memory sector flash since number of its erase/write cycles exceeded 100K could impact on another memory sector. Regards, Leonid.

leonidshikhelma
Contributor I

Hi! 

I would like if the corruption of a memory sector flash since number of its erase/write cycles exceeded 100K could impact on another memory sector.

Regards, Leonid.

Labels (1)
1 Reply

david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Leonid,

The flash sectors are independent in terms of erase/write cycles.

Please be aware that the flash block supports 50K typical write/erase cycles, 10K as minimum. This means that each time you write and then erase a byte it will be counted as 1 cycle. As you already know, the flash is arranged in sectors of 512 bytes typically; this means that every time you erase a byte you will erase the whole 512 byte sector so you have to consider this for the flash endurance.

This means that after erasing the 512-byte sector you could perform a byte write or burst write in each of the sector's bytes and this will complete a write/erase cycle for the 512 bytes.

There are cases in which the whole memory flash gets affected, for example a “Mass Erase”.

Hope this information will be useful for you.

Have a great day :smileyhappy:

Best Regards,

David Diaz.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos