Is any one else using libboost with serial under 3.10.53_ga?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is any one else using libboost with serial under 3.10.53_ga?

area
Contributor I

I am working on a 3.10.53_ga kernel base and I am having some problems with the boost libraries producing different results on iMX6 HW and an ubuntu VM, specifically using the call:

serial_port_.async_read_some()

from the boost libraries.  This is supposed to grab what ever is in the buffer and return immediately.  It does this under the VM (properly segments the messages as they come across the serial port - i.e. low_latency mode) but it bundles the messages together on iMX6 hardware side.  If I do:

cat /dev/ttymxc2 | od -x     on the iMX6

and

cat /dev/ttyACM0 | od -x     on the VM

the results are identical, so it isn't a parsing element gone wrong.  I have manually set the ports up with stty until

stty -F /dev/ttymxc2 -a

outputs the exact same thing on both sides and still they are handled differently from the boost libraries.  It seems to be at the system level as these libraries are merely wrappers for the interfaces into the devices.  I am struggling with how to get the two interfaces to work the same way.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I haven't tried using these as these are not part of the BSP Release but perhaps adding some information may allow another community users to add some inputs. Are you using Ubuntu in both cases? Is the VM running also on ARM? I would be careful with the low level HW management of the VM as there may be differences because of the virtualization.

0 Kudos