cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC9S08JM60

delpymatthieu
Contributor I

hello,

I want to know if I buy the MC9S08JM60 if it work like on the TWR-K70F120M or if I have to program it?

Thank

Labels (1)
10 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi Doda and Delpy.

MC9S08JM60 on TWR-K60F120M is for OSJTAG debug/program interface. TWR-K60F120M board integrated OSJTAG interface on board and the JM60 is for munipulate OSJTAG.

Normally user who develop their own K60F120M board need NOT integrated a on board OSJTAG, so they needn't use JM60.

they use external debugger/programmer instead.

for example user can use P&E multilink universal or universial FX:

P&E Microcomputer Systems - USB Multilink Universal - USB Multilink Universal All-In-One Development...

P&E Microcomputer Systems - USB Multilink Universal FX - USB Multilink Universal FX All-In-One Devel...

does this answer your question?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

donad
Contributor II

Hi Zhang,

Thank you so much for your help.

I have developed my owm K60F120M board ,and I have used JM60 also.In this case ,is it not possible to use OSJTAG. Please help.

Regards,

Dona

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dona,

you developed your own K60F board, do you use any emulator such as P&E multilink universal? I highly recommend you have one. this can make your developing easier. and such you needn't JM60 and openjtag

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

donad
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks once again for your help.I have used P&E Multilink universal, and I have been able to debug. I would also like to use JM60 for OSJTAG debug.

Can you please offer me help in this regard?

Regards,

Dona

0 Kudos

donad
Contributor II

Hi,

When USB cable connects my board and PC for the first time, the Windows operating system is not recognizing a new composite USB device.I have installed PEMicro drivers ,firmware update and recovery utility and OSBDM virtual serial toolkit. Why is the device not recognized. Please help me.

Regards,

Dona

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what interface do you use?

and do you use Freescale demo board or self-designed board?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

donad
Contributor II

Hi Zhang,

Thanks a lot for your response. I am using self-designed board, but I have followed the exact circuit of K60F120M tower board.I am downloading code via USB.

When we use MC9S08JM60CLD for the first time, is there any extra settings or drivers to be installed.

The screenshot for MC9S08JM60CLD(from schematic of  K60F120M tower board) is attached here. How should the pins marked

T_TXD1 and T_RXD1 be configured(pin number 8 and 9 of MC9S08JM60CLD). Please help.

Regards,

Dona

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dona,

you could refer osjtag design information here:

P&E Microcomputer Systems

can this help?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Delpy,

can you please specify your question? what means "work like on the TWR-K70F120M"?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

0 Kudos

donad
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a similar question.If I use K60 controller and MC9S08JM60, is there a need to program MC9S08JM60. In TWR-K60F120M, there is no need to program MC9S08JM60.We can use usb cable for OSJTAG debugging.Can you please help me?

Regards,

Dona

0 Kudos