How to get FRDM-KL03Z to start in ROM bootloader?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get FRDM-KL03Z to start in ROM bootloader?

Jump to solution
grantedwards
Contributor I

I've got an FRDM-KL03Z which I would like to start in ROM bootloader mode.

Unfortunately, it seems to have an application in FLASH (I don't know/care what the app is).

I'm using Linux as my development host.

The OpenSDA docs talk about a flash programmer app, but it only runs under MS-Windows,

Eval boards for other vendors/parts always have had jumper(s) that forced the part's boot mode, but this board doesn't seem to have anything like that.

How do I erase flash so that it will boot up in the ROM bootloader?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Grant,

You can use the following steps to force the MCU enter the ROM bootloader:

First of all, hold down the SW3 button, then reset the MCU and the MCU will enter the ROM bootloader.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Grant,

You can use the following steps to force the MCU enter the ROM bootloader:

First of all, hold down the SW3 button, then reset the MCU and the MCU will enter the ROM bootloader.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos