Does i.MX 6 Quad can support two CSI-2 MIPI interface cameras working simultaneously?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does i.MX 6 Quad can support two CSI-2 MIPI interface cameras working simultaneously?

youngkuang
Contributor I

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The i.MX6 supports single MIPI CSI-2  channel, since it may be connected to CSI IPU
via the single gasket. Please look at Figure 19-1 (CSI2IPU gasket connectivity) of the

i.MX6 (DQ) Reference Manual.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

youngkuang
Contributor I

Hi, Yuri

thank you for your reply.

you mean that i can't connect two MIPI CSI-2 cameras to i.mx6?

here we want to develop an automotive binocular vision system to capture two cameras simultaneously and then image processing to get stereoscopic vision.

could i use two parallel cameras?

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

please refer to app note AN5305 (MIPI–CSI2 Peripheral on i.MX6 MPUs).

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/application-notes/AN5305.pdf 

Also, please look at 

https://community.nxp.com/message/868547?commentID=868547#comment-868547 

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos