k20dx256 - MQX 4.1 vs MQX4.0.1 uart driver, interrupt any known issues?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

k20dx256 - MQX 4.1 vs MQX4.0.1 uart driver, interrupt any known issues?

Jump to solution
Cdn_aye
Senior Contributor I

Hi

I have read through the release notes for upgrading from mqx 4.0.1 to 4.1 and did not see any issues with the serial uart driver in interrupt mode.

I moved our existing MQX 4.0.1 user_config.h to the 4.1 config directory and rebuilt everything. Our system is hanging in the serial uart driver in the msp 4.1 build and I wondered if I missed something?

Does anyone have any experience with the upgrade and problems with the serial ittya: driver?

I expected this to work without issue and am not sure where I am going wrong.

Thanks

Robert Lewis

1 Solution
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

for now I suppose that you use MK20 at 50Mhz.

There should not be any significant difference in serial driver.

Please check also init_gpio.c file which contains code for module routing to pins.

In default state ittya: is routed to PTA1, PTA2 pins.

In this case, please check also your debugger. PTA1, PTA2 pins are typically used for JTAG communication. So, you have to use debugger which communicates over SWD interface or route UART0 to different pins.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

for now I suppose that you use MK20 at 50Mhz.

There should not be any significant difference in serial driver.

Please check also init_gpio.c file which contains code for module routing to pins.

In default state ittya: is routed to PTA1, PTA2 pins.

In this case, please check also your debugger. PTA1, PTA2 pins are typically used for JTAG communication. So, you have to use debugger which communicates over SWD interface or route UART0 to different pins.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Cdn_aye
Senior Contributor I

Hi Radek

Thank you for the help; that was a good comment on the JTAG connector, I didn't realize this issue. I will check.

Regards

Robert

0 Kudos