cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSC Flasher Error 1: Address out of range with MC56F84763

Jump to solution
danielbronson
Contributor II

I have an application running on the MC56F84763 which I normally load to the IC using the Codewarrior Eclipse IDE 10.6

I would like to begin using the DSC Flasher program to load the program to the DSC, but I continually get an error every time I tried to program with DSC Flasher.  The error reports:
Error 1: The Address 0x00060000 is out of range given the flash memory space parameters

After digging through the DSC Flasher application, I know that MC56F84763 uses the memory model in MC56F84769_mem.tcl.  I have compared the memory locations and spaces that are default in the file mentioned and my application.  They look the same, and so I expect them to be compatible.

My application sets the security bits on the Flash memory so that the program cannot be read after writing.  I am wondering if anyone knows - are the security bits being locked the thing that is throwing this error in DSC Flasher?

Thanks for the help!

22243_22243.jpgDSCFlasherError.jpg

Labels (1)
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This is a known issue that DSC Flasher does not support the S-record file which contains data in Program RAM. You can manually remove the data line in Program RAM from S-record file to work it around.

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
danielbronson
Contributor II

Thank you, Xin Kuang and Luca Gotti!

This is confirmed to work.  I removed all of the lines manually out of the .S file at line 0x60000.  The DSC Flasher then programmed without any warnings or errors.

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This is a known issue that DSC Flasher does not support the S-record file which contains data in Program RAM. You can manually remove the data line in Program RAM from S-record file to work it around.

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

GottiLuca
Contributor IV

I confirm that i've solved the very same problem in that way ( manually removed the s-rec lines starting from 0x6000  ) .

However, it would be nice it Freesclale fixes this very annoying problem !!

Also it would be nice if the programming times would be shortened :  The old flash_over_jtag utility was really faster the DSC Flasher !!!