fatal error: device/MK64F12/MK64F12_adc.h: No such file or directory

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fatal error: device/MK64F12/MK64F12_adc.h: No such file or directory

marceladuenas
Contributor II

Hello guys , i am isntalling kinetis kds 2.00 and kdsk 1.1.0 ill try build an empty program and i have the next error: fatal error: device/MK64F12/MK64F12_adc.h: No such file or directory , i have been searching in the others forums and install the sdk 1.0.0 GA eclipse_update  1.0.1 . as mention the other people but i still continue with the same error. How can i fix this ? i commit some bad steps in the installing maybe? i need unistall and install again? what is the correct way to install kds and the ksdk to built my projects and turn on at least an led.

I am in win 8 , and i have the frdm platform, the cpu MK64FN1M0VLL12

Labels (1)
3 Replies

angusgalloway
Contributor II

I was also following that DOC-103288 and originally had the same error:

ResourcePathLocationType
fatal error: device/MK64F12/MK64F12_adc.h: No such file or directoryfsl_device_registers.h/FRDM-K64_HelloWorld_GPIO_ISR/Includes/deviceline 430C/C++ Problem

It went away when I compiled the SDK *before* creating the new kds project with the wizard. The first time I went through the tutorial I forgot that I had upgraded to KSDK_1.1.0 and first compiled it when reminded to do so after step 3.15.  In the picture below, the project "FRDM-K64-HelloWorld_GPIO_ISR" is from the first attempt when I had the error in fsl_device_registers.h. When a new project "test" was created after compiling the SDK and using the exact same procedure for the New > Kinetis Design Studio Project wizard, a new folder SDK was included where fsl_device_registers.h eventually lives.

The "test" project compiles perfectly, but I am now wondering why the SDK folder doesn't appear in the structure from the tutorial? The first project I created, with the compilation error, *does* match this expected structure. This SDK folder also isn't included in the demos, as shown in the "hello_world_frdm64f" project.

kds_project_structure.PNG.pngexpected_structure.PNG.png

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Marcela Duenas:

i have been searching in the others forums and install the sdk 1.0.0 GA eclipse_update  1.0.1 .

Actually that is an old Eclipse Update. The update you should install is the Eclipse Update for KSDK v1.1. The instructions are in the next link:

How to install Kinetis SDK 1.1.0 support in KDS 2.0.0

And the next document guide is to create a simple blinking LED project in KDS:

Writing my first KSDK Application in KDS - Hello World and Toggle LED with GPIO Interrupt

Let us know if you face any issues along the way.

PS. I have seen issues when installing both the old Eclipse update and the latest one. So I would recommend you to start with a fresh install of KDS v2.0.0 and avoid installing the old update.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

marceladuenas
Contributor II

Hello Jorge the issue was no progess i have installed the last eclipse update and ksd , and also i can't fix a uart receive port , do you have an example guide to create a serial reception by uart1 for example? i feel dessapointing i can't do more than turn on a led.

0 Kudos