Newbie: How to download S19 file onto MC9S08QE8CLC?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie: How to download S19 file onto MC9S08QE8CLC?

deanvelasco
Contributor I

I'm very much a beginner when it comes to the 8-bit Freescale processors, so my question is a bit naive.

I need to download an S19 file onto this device that uses an MC9S08QE8CLC.  How can I do this?  Is there some utility available?  The devices uses a USB port to connect to a host computer.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dean

you can use CW10.6

CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Eclipse IDE|Freescale

and BDM Multilink and programmer via BDM port to program flash.BDM port is 6-pin footprint, it is standard 6 pin “Berg” connector.

The BDM multilink emulation tool is P&E company product. It is the link for it:

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=33&CFID=1508709&CFTOKEN=87073537

This is the link for BDM multilink manual:

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/main_downloads_temp/201506050222078701842/PE3374%20-%20Technical%20...

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

takaoyamada
Contributor IV

Greetings,

I would not suggest the USB BDM Multilink anymore. It will be going out of production very soon.

Please look into getting our USB Multilink Universal hardware interface:

P&E Microcomputer Systems - USB Multilink Universal - USB Multilink Universal All-In-One Development...

Tech summary can be found here:
P&E Microcomputer Systems

Not only will this interface work with HCS08 architecture, but you are future proofing your company to allow flash programming on other Freescale devices including Kinetis ARM devices.

Note, if you have a large production line, I would suggest getting some of our other hardware that is much faster and more convenient. Please let me know how many devices you plan on producing per day and I can suggest you better options.

Codewarrior can be used to download the S19 file with the USB BDM multilink or USB Multilink Universal. But you will be working on a large IDE that has capabilities of creating new projects, flash programming, and debugging. However, if you are on a production line or in need of a smaller application that only flash programs the chips, then I suggest you get our PROG software for HCS08 architecture:

P&E Microcomputer Systems - PROGHCS08 - 68HCS08 Flash/EEPROM Programmer Software - HCS08, Flash/EEPR...

All of our tools work great with the latest operating systems.

Let me know if you have any more questions or concerns.

Takao Yamada
P&E Microcomputer Systems