Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K64F USB Host

Jump to solution
jeffking
Contributor II

Hello,

I am coming from MBED.  I am trying to connect our USB device to the K64F board through USB.  I was able to get this working with MBED, but I am very new to KDS.  I'm also slightly new to this microprocessor world.  So, sorry for my ignorance.

I figured out how to install the Kinetis SDK 1.1 with KDS.  I choose my board K64F and create a new project with the SDK and Processor Expert.  I then find the USB components:

fsl_usb_descriptors

fsl_usb_device_hid_class

fsl_usb_device_msd_class

fsl_usb_framework

See my errors below, I'm not sure

Unassigned peripheral (Device)   fsl_uart_hal1/Device
Unassigned peripheral (TxD)   DbgCs1/TxD
Unassigned peripheral (RxD)   DbgCs1/RxD
Error in the inherited component settings (fsl_uart_hal)   DbgCs1/fsl_uart_hal
Unassigned timing (Baud rate)   DbgCs1/Baud rate
Timing setting failed in Clock configuration 0 - it is impossible to set the following items: selected value (Input clock frequency [MHz])   usbFmw1/Input clock frequency [MHz]
Unassigned peripheral (Device)   DbgCs1/Device

Any ideas on how to get USB Host mode setup for K64F using KDS?

Thanks!

Jeff.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Solution
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jeff,

these error just say that you have not selected devices and peripherals in the Processor Expert project.

When you open the Processor Expert project and double click on a component in the Components window the component (properties, methods, events tabs) is displayed in the Component Inspector window. You can find these errors in the Component Inspector and fix them by selection of devices, peripherals, pins and the baudrate. See also below:

Unassigned peripheral (Device)  fsl_uart_hal1/Deviceselect the device in the Device property of the fsl_uart_hal1 component, see the first screenshot below.
Unassigned peripheral (TxD)  DbgCs1/TxDThe TxD pin is not selected in the DbgCS1 component, see the second screenshot below.
Unassigned peripheral (RxD)  DbgCs1/RxDThe RxD pin is not selected in the DbgCS1 component, see the second screenshot below.
Error in the inherited component settings (fsl_uart_hal)  DbgCs1/fsl_uart_halIt is reference to the first error (the fsl_uart_hal1 component is inherited in theDbgCs1 component)
Unassigned timing (Baud rate)  DbgCs1/Baud rateThe Baud rate is not selected in the DbgCS1 component, see the second screenshot below.
Timing setting failed in Clock configuration 0 - it is impossible to set the following items: selected value (Input clock frequency [MHz])  usbFmw1/Input clock frequency [MHz]

You must select USB clock configuration in the CPU component and remove all other clock configuration from the project.

Remove subsequently clock configuration number 3,2,1 and  0. See the third screenshot below. When you remove the clock configuration number 0, the Processor Expert report an error (a known issue). Close the project in the Project Window and Open the project again (the reload of the PEx project resolve this issue).

Select the Init clock configuration (see fourth screenshot).

Unassigned peripheral (Device)  DbgCs1/DeviceThe Device is not selected in the DbgCS1 component, see the second screenshot below. The same device should be selected as used in the fsl_uart_hal1.

Selection of devices and  peripherals:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Removing clock configurations:

pastedImage_4.png

Selection of the Init Clock Configuration:

pastedImage_5.png

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jeff,

these error just say that you have not selected devices and peripherals in the Processor Expert project.

When you open the Processor Expert project and double click on a component in the Components window the component (properties, methods, events tabs) is displayed in the Component Inspector window. You can find these errors in the Component Inspector and fix them by selection of devices, peripherals, pins and the baudrate. See also below:

Unassigned peripheral (Device)  fsl_uart_hal1/Deviceselect the device in the Device property of the fsl_uart_hal1 component, see the first screenshot below.
Unassigned peripheral (TxD)  DbgCs1/TxDThe TxD pin is not selected in the DbgCS1 component, see the second screenshot below.
Unassigned peripheral (RxD)  DbgCs1/RxDThe RxD pin is not selected in the DbgCS1 component, see the second screenshot below.
Error in the inherited component settings (fsl_uart_hal)  DbgCs1/fsl_uart_halIt is reference to the first error (the fsl_uart_hal1 component is inherited in theDbgCs1 component)
Unassigned timing (Baud rate)  DbgCs1/Baud rateThe Baud rate is not selected in the DbgCS1 component, see the second screenshot below.
Timing setting failed in Clock configuration 0 - it is impossible to set the following items: selected value (Input clock frequency [MHz])  usbFmw1/Input clock frequency [MHz]

You must select USB clock configuration in the CPU component and remove all other clock configuration from the project.

Remove subsequently clock configuration number 3,2,1 and  0. See the third screenshot below. When you remove the clock configuration number 0, the Processor Expert report an error (a known issue). Close the project in the Project Window and Open the project again (the reload of the PEx project resolve this issue).

Select the Init clock configuration (see fourth screenshot).

Unassigned peripheral (Device)  DbgCs1/DeviceThe Device is not selected in the DbgCS1 component, see the second screenshot below. The same device should be selected as used in the fsl_uart_hal1.

Selection of devices and  peripherals:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Removing clock configurations:

pastedImage_4.png

Selection of the Init Clock Configuration:

pastedImage_5.png

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

jeffking
Contributor II

Marek,

Thank you very much!  This is very helpful, I hobbled through a solution, but I will go back and follow these instructions as this seems a little more straight forward than what I did.  I am working on a document to help others in regards to setting up a USB Host application.

Thanks again for your help!

Jeff.

0 Kudos