cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello All,

michaelmullins
Contributor I

Please excuse my ignorance.

I have a small test fixture in need of repair. The tester uses a DEMOQE board with a MC9S08QE8 DAUGHTER board.

We found the daughter board was drawing excessive current and the power supply was down.Replacing the IC has eliminated the current draw and the supply is back up.

This fixture was designed by an outside firm who offers little support. They gave me the files used to program the board but I cannot get the board programmed using Codewarrior.

I tried reading and searching for 5 days now. I need to fix this tester for work and am at my wits end. Please help!

Thanks in advance

Mike

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael,

Could you tell us which CodeWarrior version are you using?

It would also be helpful if you could tell us the steps you follow when trying to program the board and a screenshot of the error you get.

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

michaelmullins
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

I have CW 6.1. I am not sure what steps to take. I have files generated from the company who built the tester and I'm not sure how to send them to the demo board.

Could you please give me a step by step how to load the program into the board? Here is what i was sent.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The File with extension name "*.mcp" is the Classic CodeWarrior project, please open from in CodeWarrior "File -> Open" menu, or drag it into CodeWarrior IDE to open the project. Then click on the 'Build' button for compiling & linking, click on the 'Debug' for programming and debugging.

You can find the help document under CodeWarrior installation folder:

<CW path>\Freescale\CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers  v6.3\Help

More documents can be downloaded from:

http://tinyurl.com/kqe3hssCodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Classic IDE|Freescale

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

michaelmullins
Contributor I

Hi Fiona,

Many thanks for your reply! Your AWESOME!

I followed your instructions and am much further than I was yesterday. I have a few more question. When I go to program the micro do I need to use a cyclone pro or other device to be able to program the DEMOQE board with a MC9S08QE8 DAUGHTER board? Or can this be done by using a USB cable only?

Does this board require external power to program or will the USB supply the required programming power?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael,

You can use the Cyclone PRO or just use the USB cable to program the board, the DEMO9S08QE8 includes P&E’s Embedded Multilink circuitry, so no external hardware BDM tool is needed to debug and program the board.

Regarding the power supply, you can either use an external 5VDC to 8VDC power supply or use the USB to power the board. Please notice that the J3  Jumper on the board determines whether the DEMO9S08QE8’s on-board regulator obtains its power from the DC power jack or from the Embedded Multilink circuitry.

You can find this and more information on the DEMOQE8 User Manual:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/user_guide/DEMO9S08QE8UM.pdf

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos