Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex Bus External Memory

Jump to solution
adyr
Contributor V

Hi,

I am using the FB:Init_FB module in a project created by PEx + KSDK + MQX. I can setup the CS and pin bits and when I read / write to the defined addresses by creating a pointer to the location it all works, so the setup is good. However I am puzzled by the External Memory tab as any value I insert for Start Address just generates an error "There is no access into memory from ... to ... (Start address)".

What is the purpose of this tab?

Best regards,

Adrian.

1 Solution
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I am sorry for a late reply. The fixed version of Processor Expert has been already released - KSDK 1.3.0 (Processor Expert Eclipse Update).

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Adrian,

I have also reproduced the problem. It seems that there is a bug. I have asked Processor Expert development team for analysis and resolution of this issue.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

adyr
Contributor V

Hi,

It seems the solution given in KDS 3.0 / KSDK 1.2 is to prevent any External Memory entries being added, e.g. I click on the + button and the number flashes to a 1 and then straight back to 0. So still not sure what the section was meant for but at least I can see it does nothing now :-)

Best regards,

Adrian.

0 Kudos
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Adrian,

I have received an answer from the Processor Expert development team. There is a bug that will be fixed in a next release. There is also workaround:

- Disable the generating of Linker Command File

- Modify the Linker Command File (ProcessorExpert.ld file) manually.

For details, see also discussion thread Is it possible to force code into a non-standard section?

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

adyr
Contributor V

Thank you for the update and workaround Marek. I guess the next update will be around October time base on the previous release?

I don't suppose you have any ideas about this sort of related question Init_FB FB_TA_b pin not setup?

Best regards,

Adrian.

0 Kudos
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I am sorry for a late reply. The fixed version of Processor Expert has been already released - KSDK 1.3.0 (Processor Expert Eclipse Update).

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos
adyr
Contributor V

Thanks Marek. I updated to KSDK 1.3 a while back and I had noticed that the External Memory tab has been removed so no more confusion :-)

Best regards,

Adrian.

0 Kudos
audi_mcavoy
Contributor IV

Adrian, I am in the same place you were a month ago.

Did you ever figure this out?

- Audi

0 Kudos