cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPX4080D pressure sensor

Jump to solution
erikmartirosyan
Contributor I

Hi everbody ! Want to purchase MPX4080D differential pressure sensor and have a stupid question :smileyhappy: In datasheet it is said that "Pressure range 0 to 80 kPa" this means that maximum difference between pressures that it can measure is 80kPa, is this right ? Or this mean that maximum pressure in environment where it can operate can be 80kPa ? And one more stupid question :smileyhappy: This one is very stupid :smileyhappy: Sensor is impermeable right ? :))))

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Erik,

The MPX4080D differential pressure sensor is rated from 0 to 80 kPa, for pressure difference higher than 80 kPa, the output is saturated at the maximum output and you have to be careful that the difference between P1 and P2 is less than 400 kPa, exposing the device beyond this specified limit may cause permanent damage to the device. In other words, the parameter shown as maximum pressure is the maximum at which the device can be exposed without being damage and the pressure range is the pressure the device is able to sense.

What exactly do you mean by your last question?

Regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct" or “Helpful”. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Erik,

The MPX4080D differential pressure sensor is rated from 0 to 80 kPa, for pressure difference higher than 80 kPa, the output is saturated at the maximum output and you have to be careful that the difference between P1 and P2 is less than 400 kPa, exposing the device beyond this specified limit may cause permanent damage to the device. In other words, the parameter shown as maximum pressure is the maximum at which the device can be exposed without being damage and the pressure range is the pressure the device is able to sense.

What exactly do you mean by your last question?

Regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct" or “Helpful”. Thank you.

0 Kudos
erikmartirosyan
Contributor I

Hi Tomas !

Thank you for your answer. First question is answered, great :smileyhappy:

By second question I wanted to now if the sensor will pass pressure through itself. Obviously it will not :smileyhappy: It will simply not work in that case :smileyhappy: But ... Just asking :smileyhappy:

Kind regards,

Erik Martirosyan

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Of course not, Erik. The MPX4080D uses a single piezoresistive element ion implanted on an etched silicon diaphragm to sense the stress induced on the diaphragm, there is no flow through the diaphragm.

Regards,

Tomas