cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4240RDB Development

lesterhouston
Contributor I

I have two main questions...

1.  I'm attempting to perform some development on the T4240RDB.  I'm trying to follow the instructions provided in the Linux SDK for QorIQ processors.  The documentation seems to imply that the pre-installed system is capable to performing some tasks out of the box such as developing and compiling a simple hello world program, but gcc doesnt appear to be part of the pre-installed system.  Is there a way to get gcc installed on the system for natively compiling source code?  Is yocto needed to have the ability to natively compile code?

2.  The T4240RDB unit has a SD card slot, but it appears that the system wipes the SD card upon every boot.  Is there any way to store data on the unit that will persist across boot cycles?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

hwrobel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. To develop on the T4 RDB, you need a root fs on the target with more features, which won’t fit in the flash. Via NFS or with a local HD/SSD, you should install a fsl-image-full. This would likely do what you need.

2. No idea. I have no experience there.

BR,

Heinz

varunkjayan
Contributor II

Hello Heinz one doubt

can fsl-image full be loaded using the tftp server

since i got only tftp server

0 Kudos

lesterhouston
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply,  I plan on generating the full image to see what additional functions are available to me.

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the following page for SDK toolchain installing:

http://www.freescale.com/infocenter/index.jsp?topic=%2FQORIQSDK%2F3069706.html

Use the following command for test.c compiling:
$CC test.c --sysroot=/opt/fsl-networking/QorIQ-SDK-V1.7/sysroots/ppce500v2-fsl-linux-gnuspe/ -o test

lesterhouston
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply.  I have been able to build the toolchain and a simple hello world program that I was able to execute on the unit

0 Kudos