Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The USB OTG Sabre board

PatrickStilwell
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, can I have help with this question.

Using WIndows OS using an i.MX6 Sabre Board:

The USB OTG board is the only USB port exposed by the Sabre board so we had to use it when connecting a USB stick with the Windows image.

Since it is an OTG code, we had to configure it by the UEFI software to ‘host mode’.

My question is, is there a way to lock the OTG port to ‘host mode’? Locking means, configuring it so ‘reset port’ does not revert it back to ‘idle’.

I have noticed that GPIO_1 can be configured as USB_OTG_ID. Does that have any effect on the USB OTG  port configuration, or can it be used for the “locking” the ‘host mode’ configuration?

Thanks

Pat

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If OS analyzes  the USB_OTG_ID signals in order to select USB mode, one can pull down
the USB_OTG_ID in order to force OS entering USB host mode.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Pat,

You could also use the native USB Host port that is available at the PCI port. You would need a PCI to USB adapter like:

http://www.amazon.com/SOOGOOD-PCI-E-Adapter-MiniCard-USB2-0/dp/B00JPY5V38/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=142...

I have tested it (under Linux) on a imx6q-sabresd and it worked fine.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Patrick

it is not possible to “lock” USB OTG to ‘host mode’ configuration,

USB_OTG_ID can not be used for this.

USB OTG can be programmed in software to support only host mode,

also USB_OTG_ID is processed in software.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos