Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable AR8031?

mingmingyuan
Contributor III

board: samba-sd

software: linux-3.0.35

Our HW design already delete phy chip AR8031, Can you tell me how to disable AR8031's driver in source code?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mingming yuan,

Which processor are you using ? The version of  BSP you are using is  L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816_source?
Have a great day,
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mingmingyuan
Contributor III

dear wang:

thank you for your help!

processor is imx6quad

source is L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816_source, you are right!

thanks

0 Kudos

mingmingyuan
Contributor III

dear wang:

any update?

thanks

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mingming yuan,

I have confirm it for you that if you do not use the AR8031, there is no need to disable it. It more like a module, if you do not use it and it will not work. If you want to disable about phy, you can configure it in the Make Menuconfig and cancel the Mac configuration.

If you are using other phy chip, you need to check and config the phy initialization address.

Hope this can help you. Any questions contact me easily.
Have a great day
Dan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

mingmingyuan
Contributor III

Hi Dan Wang:

Out HW already remove phy chip, I also think I needn't modify code, but system report error that phy not detecked. So I think I must modify code.

"you can configure it in the Make Menuconfig and cancel the Mac configuration."

----------------------can you tell me some detail?

thanks

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mingming yuan,

Which phy chip  are you using ? What error you met? Can you give me the details error information.

Have a great day
Dan

0 Kudos

mingmingyuan
Contributor III

now we haven't phy , we already delete phy AR8031 chip in HW,but software not change

error info:

snvs_rtc snvs_rtc.0: setting system clock to 1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC (0)

eth0: no PHY, assuming direct connection to switch

PHY 0:00 not found

eth0: yuanmm 1080 could not attach to PHY

IP-Config: Failed to open eth0

IP-Config: No network devices available.

0 Kudos