Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMA8451Q

naifarmourad
Contributor I

hello,

I have a problem and I need your help

I want to calculate the speed through the accelerometer sensor of freescale KL46Z and I want to save it to an excel file

I want a clear expliquation about the CodeWarrior and C code for this program

thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi naifar mourad,

In theory it is possible to calculate speed of an object using an accelerometer sensor.

If the acceleration of an object is known, we can get a proportional approximation of the speed data if an integration is applied.

Unfortunately we do not have any updated document with information about how to do this with the MMA8451Q/KL46Z, however, we do have an application note that mentions how to calculate velocity/speed (and positioning) using the accelerometer MMA7260 (which is no longer manufactured), but you can use this document as a reference to create your own code.

Application note: AN3397 “Implementing Positioning Algorithms Using Accelerometers”

You can also use the bare metal example project of the MMA8451Q that can be found in Freescale communities: https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-98836

I hope this helps.

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos