cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of IPU to rotate LCD display on i.MX6

DipenPatel1z
Contributor III

Dear All,

We need to rotate LCD display by 180 (due to hardware/mechanical design placement). Since it is going to be a permanent I can't use any application logic to burden the CPU. So I need to use IPU for 180 rotation of frame buffer before it is displayed on LCD. However I am not sure if this can be achievable and if yes then how?

Let me know if any one has gone through such scenario and has working solution. Appreciate any help.

Regards,

Dipen Patel

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Dipen

suggest to look at attached doc and below links

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-94961

i.MX6 IPU and rotating a frame buffer

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

DipenPatel1z
Contributor III

HI Igor,

Thanks for the reference. We did exactly as described in "i.MX6 IPU and rotating a frame buffer" but only Linux boot logo is rotated. When our Qt application starts all GUI appears NORMAL without rotation. Not sure what is wrong with our driver changes.

Appreciate any help on this.

Regards,

Dipen Patel

0 Kudos

vikaspatil
Senior Contributor I

Hi Dipen,

Were you able to rotate all the GUI with QT/Weston ? I have the same requirement due to our display placement and need to rotate by 180 degree?

It would be very helpful if you could provide some help here?

Regards,

Vikas

0 Kudos

saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi Dipen

If you are using Android than you can use Android rotation property , it will solve your problem

Thanks

Saurabh

0 Kudos

DipenPatel1z
Contributor III

HI Saurabh,

Yes I am aware of that but we are on Linux. :smileysad: Anyway many thanks.

Regards,

Dipen Patel

0 Kudos