cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P4080DS How to get details of MAC counters

sharathchandra
Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to figure out Tx packet loss on P4080DS board, though DPA or BMI counters does not show any loss in Tx frames, I find some Tx packets are lost.

I think it is not dropped/lost in FMAN or BMAN or QMAN, so probably at MAC, they are lost. How and where should I check for the MAC registers/counters for errors/status on my system?

Thanks,

Sharath Chandra

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What is your test setup - which tool is used to detect packet loss?

0 Kudos

sharathchandra
Contributor II

Hi Alexander,

On P4080DS system with all the images loaded from SDK v1.7, I tried to run a sample UDP sender which sends packet out of the board to another destination.

I was using fm1-gb1 interface on the board.

I was running wireshark on the other system, which would capture the packets sent from the board. I see some packets missing.

Even I tried to take a tcpdump on the board, which also showed the same info as that of wireshark on other system. As per this, I felt it is inside the board itself where the packets are lost. I was able to check BMI and DPA counters and they show nothing. Even ifconfig does not show any tx errors/drops.

Probably assuming they are dropped at MAC or somewhere? I dont know how to check MAC counters but.

Thanks,

Sharath Chandra

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I do not think wireshark is absolutely precise. Please try testing in loopback mode.

0 Kudos