Can i use RS-232 in programming HCS12, MC9S12GC128 and which soft i need to use?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use RS-232 in programming HCS12, MC9S12GC128 and which soft i need to use?

Jump to solution
kuraga200
Contributor II

I want to use simple cheme with max232, maybe attiny2313 and connect by COM port to this cheme, and use it for programming

HCS12. Can do it, while i not have near me programmer from shop? For example connect to BDM and reset pins.

And which soft i can use for this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kuraga200
Contributor II

Best way is BDM. Best and chip BDM solution - open source BDM pjt USBDM. There is all circuits, soft, etc.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Martin35804
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

you can program though the serial port but you first would have to download a serial bootloader  program into your board / target, using for instant another BDM Programmer.  Once that this bootloader program resides in your board/target, you could reprogram the rest of  the memory via the serial port.  But one first programming using a BDM is needed. Please note that a serial bootloader allows only to program the memory, but you won't be able to debug your code via the serial port.

kuraga200
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for your answer!
But please explain litle bit more:

1. i can develop simple scheme to connect for mc9s12 (hcs12), like using rs232, max232 or

avr attiny, and connect it to serial port, right?

2. which programm you recommend me for this purpose? Maybe Code warrior support this, or i need

write code by myself for programming on my own circuit? In another words have it already solution?

Right now i not near city, but i need repair few things, and need to connect with HCS12, so i thing

how i can do it here without any famous programmers like ETL, xprog etc.

0 Kudos
kuraga200
Contributor II

Best way is BDM. Best and chip BDM solution - open source BDM pjt USBDM. There is all circuits, soft, etc.

0 Kudos