how configure an USB HID with processor expert?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how configure an USB HID with processor expert?

PedroBecerra
Contributor III

Hi, I'm lookink for information or examples for configure an USB HID device to comunicate with a PC.

I don´t know how configure it:

-NumInterfaces, String Descriptors, Intercafes list, NumEndpoints...

I just want to sent data to the PC an receive data fron the PC.

I don't want to use a CDC because there are so many problems installing drivers in windows.

0 Kudos
8 Replies

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

When you open the Help of the fsl_usb_device_hid_class component (in the Components window, select the fsl_usb_device_hid_class component, open the context menu, select Help on Component, open

"Component fsl_usb_device_hid_class 1.1.0-GA" page). This general description of fsl_usb_device_hid_class component contains a link to the Processor Expert Kinetis SDK USB Stack Integration User Guide (see the screenshot below). See the chapter 2.2 fsl_usb_device_hid_class component that contains also a demo description.

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos

prof7bit
Contributor II

When you open the Help of the fsl_usb_device_hid_class component (in the Components window, select the fsl_usb_device_hid_class component

I cannot find any fsl_usb_device_hid_class component anywhere, there is only an USB_LDD component in the list, nothing else USB related. See my screenshot:

2016-10-26_15h06_09.png

0 Kudos

gschelotto
Contributor V

Hi all,

Please I'd also need to solve the same problem than Pedro. Definetely, I'm not able to find any custom USB-HID (bidirectional) demo example for the Kinetis product family. Could somebody help me whit this issue? I'm using latest KDS 3.0 and SDK v1.20

thanks in advance,

gaston

0 Kudos

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Gaston,

The USB HID demo is described in the USB Stack Processor Expert Integration documentation user guide (see how to open this document my response above).

The USB HID demo is integrated in the fsl_usb_device_hid_class component, see the following instructions in the user guide:

pastedImage_0.png

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos

gschelotto
Contributor V

Thank you Marek,

just wait the Pedro feedback

regards,

gaston

0 Kudos

PedroBecerra
Contributor III

Thanks for your response.

I cannot find what you're telling me.

But I've tryed every thing and I can't comunicate from the PC to MKL26.

Processor expert do't generate any code to comunicate. It just makes the device. The only thing I've seen is to start from the HID mouse demo in the USB stack. But I don't know how to add an OUT_ENDPOIND.

I've been trying also the sample code on this thread: Re: USB Generic HID but I can only send data from my board to PC. I can't send data from PC to my board. On this code he ads an out-endpoint as endpoint 2. I'm not an usb expert as you can see, but I think the endpoints are enumerated as (1: in), (1:out),(2:in),(2:out)...

Ofcourse I've tried my PC code with an other HID devide from an other vendor and it works fine.

Just to inform you, I'm working with codewarrior because all examples I found are for codewarrior. And convert them to KDS is so difficult.

I just need to send and receive data. First I did it using cdc. But i'ts difficult for an end user to install the driver in windows and in windows 8.1 usualy doesn't work.

If you could give me some working example I would be very gratefull.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

why do you think that there are so many problems with USB CDC on windows? Actually it does not need a driver, just a text (.inf) file.

I have a KL26Z project with Processor Expert here:

https://github.com/ErichStyger/mcuoneclipse/tree/master/Examples/FRDM-KL26Z

It uses additional Processor Expert components, see McuOnEclipse Releases on SourceForge | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

PedroBecerra
Contributor III

Hi Erich.

I don't think that there are problems. I've suffered that problems.

1. When you attatch the cdc device no windows install it.

2. You must to choose manually a serial com device.

3. select look for it

4. navigate to your .inf file.

That is not trivial for the most of windows users. I'm developping a device for consumer.

Then if you has windows 8.1, you should install the cdc as a movile device as administrator. And most of times the device appear with the yellow mark.

In windows 10 it works like in windows 7.

It's for those I'm moving to HID. But I cannot make it work.

I'd need a working set of : device_descriptor, config_descriptor, report_descriptor.

0 Kudos