Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does IMX6 suits our project

Jump to solution
omda
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm new with Freescale community, so hello everyone. Well, I would like to have some guide from you to help me selecting the suitable product for our project.In fact, we want to develop a real time full-duplex audio and video application, this application must be monitered by a 7" capacitive touch screen LCD  (the GUI application will be developed by QT). First, we were working in collaboration with a Chinese company but we didn’t find a big support from them, also their Linux system was not stable and we found a big problem to integrate graphic libraries such us SDL, directfb and the X11 was not supported by their Linux system, that’s why we decided to look for another company and we guess that your IMX family is suitable for our project. From your website, it seems that you have a series of IMX6, so could someone advise me what should be the suitable one for our application and I'm intersted if you have a development kit based on your IMX6 processors to test our application. Well, I still have some questions but I need to have,first, an answer for these questions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sinanakman
Senior Contributor III

Hi Omda

For an eval board, you might want to consider

SABRE Platform for iMX6 Series :

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=RDIMX6SABREPLAT

As for the choice of SoC (iMX6 Quad, Dual, Dual Lite, Solo)

I would suggest you contact a Freescale FAE in your area

and discuss your requirements more in detail.  Any decision

for the choice of hardware would require a detailed information

on your application.

Hope this helps

Sinan Akman

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What Sinan said is correct.

The i.MX6 suits your needs, and the SABRE platform is a good reference design.  Now, choosing with i.MX6 processor is best for your depends on your needs, take in consideration that all the i.MX6 products are pin compatible, from the Solo to the Quad, and that the main difference  other than the number of cores is in the graphics department. Some customers buy the SABRE quad and then disable some cores to "emulate" a smaller platform.

You can either contact one of our Distributors or enter a service request if you need to discuss about confidential information about your project: New Service Request

Have a great day,
Sergio

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

omda
Contributor I

Hi Sergio,

Thank you for your further information.

Have a nice day,

Omda

0 Kudos
sinanakman
Senior Contributor III

Hi Omda

For an eval board, you might want to consider

SABRE Platform for iMX6 Series :

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=RDIMX6SABREPLAT

As for the choice of SoC (iMX6 Quad, Dual, Dual Lite, Solo)

I would suggest you contact a Freescale FAE in your area

and discuss your requirements more in detail.  Any decision

for the choice of hardware would require a detailed information

on your application.

Hope this helps

Sinan Akman

0 Kudos
omda
Contributor I

Hi Sinan,

Thank you for your help. I just would like to know if the iMX6 is suitable for a real time full-duplex audio and video application. Concerning the hardware, we have already designed our needs.

Have a nice day,

Omda

0 Kudos
sinanakman
Senior Contributor III

Hi Omda

Yes as Sergio confirmed iMX6 is certainly a good choice for your

projects to run video and full-duplex audio applications. Then again

there are different flavours of this SoC with single, dual or quad

cores. They present different trade off between performance and

power requirements. Sergio points out that they are all pin compatible

so you can evaluate along the way which iMX6 SoC is best for your final product.

Please feel free to contact your distributor, your local FAE or some of

Freescale's Design Partners or simply ask here if you have further

questions.

Regards

Sinan Akman

0 Kudos