[Yocto]When the music goes to the end,there is a pop noise instead of voice slowing down to zero

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Yocto]When the music goes to the end,there is a pop noise instead of voice slowing down to zero

granttian
Contributor I

We use i.MX6Q and sgtl5000 on fsl-yocto-3.10.17_1.0.0.

I paly a music with aplay command, But in the end of the music, there is a pop noise, it is not like play music on windows OS, in windows, the volume is slow down to zero in the end of music.

Our shecametic is

2.jpg

2.jpg

Our H/W has measured the HP_R signal with oscilloscope, in the end of music, the HP_R signal suddenly change from 1.5v to 0v, this change may caused the pop nosice, if this signal change from 1.5v. 1.2v, 1.0v, 0.8v ... 0.2v, 0v, maybe this issue will disappear.

Is this a driver issue or hardware issue? Can anybody help?!!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Grant,

Are you having this pop noise with a particular audio file, lets said,  MP3, WMA, or it is raw data? You can try with a fix signal like 20Khz  to measure again the output and see if you have the same behavior

Can you please try with a fix signal like a 20Khz, to see if the noise it is still there.

The audio pop noise is because of the abrupt audio signal change of a big value to zero.

The audio volume is naturally small at the end of the media, and this noise is almost not noticeable. We have methods to mitigate the audio pop issue in the middle of playing a media file, like seek, pause/resume, etc. However, we did not have methods to solve this noise at the end.

0 Kudos