Error:  The algorithm was not able to run on the target or the flash is not configured properly.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error:  The algorithm was not able to run on the target or the flash is not configured properly.

johnmccranie
Contributor I

Hi, I am currently working in Code Warrior 10.6, trying to program an MCF54455EVB board. For the moment I am simply trying to load a bareboard project onto the board via the flash programmer. However, when I do I usually get the output:

Error:  Getting flash ID failed

An invalid preference was passed to the ColdFire GDI protocol(ColdFire GDI Protocol Adapter)

Error: The algorithm was not able to run on the target or the flash is not configured properly.

I saw a similiar problem reported here: TWR-K70F120M Tower Module: "not able to run on the target or the flash is not configured properly", however the solution in that case was to check the "always mass erase on connect" option in the "hardware or simulator connection" window. But my version of that window looks slightly different than what is shown there, and that particular option does not appear.

Also, after doing this once the connection seems to fail, and I start to get the output:

Error:  Connect Failed.

Can't connect. The Debugger can not connect to the P&E BDC interface or targetted hardware board.(ColdFire GDI Protocol Adapter)

Error: Connect Failed.

whenever I attempt to program the board. This problem is once again replaced by the previous problem when I turn the board off and on again.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm on a bit of a tight schedule and I can't even begin if I can't program the board.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John,

Could you post an screenshot of your flash programmer settings? Here is an example:

pastedImage_0.png

It would also be helpful a screenshot of the Connection settings:

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

johnmccranie
Contributor I

Thanks for the response. The flash programmer settings are:

flash_settings.png

and the connection settings:

Connection_settings.png

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John,

It seems that the error you get while trying to flash your device is happening because the file you are trying to flash is not the correct one, please try changing this file for the one called myProject2.elf or myProject2.elf.S19, these files are generated after you compile the project and can be found inside the RAM folder on you project.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos