cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis device is not being programmed

FredericoLuiz
Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I'm able to program a custom board with Freescale MKL05Z32. We develop a new prototype and I soldered the chip manually. Unfortunately I'm not able to program a blank microcontroller in the prototype board.

Things to be considered:

1) I'm shure Multilink Rev. B is ok because I can debug other (the same part number) microcontrollers.

2)Multilink is connected to the custom board via ribbon cable. I tested continuity with a multimeter. It seems to be ok.

3)I'm using a 32kHz crystal.

4)I tried to programm with and without 10k resistor and 100nF capacitor (all combinations) in the reset pin.

5)Measuring reset pin shows that microcontroller is reseting. There are 2us pulses every 34us (29,4kHz).

6)When I try to debug or erase whole Flash Code Warrior 10.6 opens the P&E Connection Assistent box saying that "an error ocurred while connecting to the interface hardware or target specified in the Lauch Configuration Dialog".

7)I try to do the steps described in this article https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-99609 but it didn't solve the problem. Other article were also tried without sucess.

8)After validating and testing the prototype, we will need a programmer for production. Actually we have Elnec but it's necessary to buy some credits for programming every single chip. We have only the Multilink for development. Is Cyclone the a good tool for this purpose?

Thanks,

Frederico

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Frederico Marcelino,

Please check your schematic,expecially the following circuit:

1: Reset pin, should have 4.7K to 10K pullup resistor, and 100nF capacitor to ground, ( you already have this).

2: NMI pin should have 4.7K to 10K pullup resistor.

3:SWD_DIO pin should have 10K pullup.

4: SWD_CLK pin don't need any external resistor.

5:Test your VDD, whether your 3.3V power is stable.

You also can give your schematic, I will have you to check it.

Besides, you can solid another board, take care of the solid temperature, the max temperature is 260 °C, otherwise, your chip may be damaged.

About the programmer, you can use Cyclone MAX

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

FredericoLuiz
Contributor II

Thanks for replying Jingjing Zhou.

I rechecked my schematic and realized that the ribbon clable was in a wrong soldering island (used for in-circuit programming). Then I could perform programming perfectly.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

That's very good.

Next time you should check your hardware carefully at first :smileyhappy:!

If you still have question, just let me know!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos