cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKE04Z8VMJ4 and MULTILINK UNIVERSAL

Jump to solution
charlesdiogoa_
Contributor II

I have a problem and want to see if you can help me.

I'm trying to record a Kinetis uControlador Freescale, the MKE04Z8VWJ4 but am not having success ...

I'm using the recorder "Multilink Universal", green model.

Following existing development models, connected pins "SWD_DIO, SWD_CLK, Reset, + 5V and GND" to the burner pins.

However the time of recording, it generates error.

Is there any limitation on the recorder with the microcontroller model?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

It can be used, but you will have to make sure nothing attached to it is pulling the pin low until the NMI can be disabled.  The SIM module has the registers to control the NMI function.  If you're using Processor Expert, it can be disabled through that.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
charlesdiogoa_
Contributor II

I have just seen that has to do with the NMI pin, cut it because the circuit, I can not write ...

but how can I use this pin?

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The P&E USB Multilink Universal tool provides below Kinetis debug port:

1.png

I checked your attached debugger interface, there without problem.

The NMI pin is default to NMI function after the MCU POR, and there with internal pullup device enabled when NMI is enabled.

When there with low voltage detected at NMI pin, the NMI related Non-maskable interrupt will be triggered with Vector2 at ARM's NVIC.

Have a great day,
best regards,

Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

charlesdiogoa_
Contributor II

but I want to use this NMI pin as output, how do that?

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

this one shows how to map the NMI as GPIO pin with Processor Expert:

Pin Muxing: Using the NMI Pin as GPIO Pin | MCU on Eclipse

0 Kudos
davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

It can be used, but you will have to make sure nothing attached to it is pulling the pin low until the NMI can be disabled.  The SIM module has the registers to control the NMI function.  If you're using Processor Expert, it can be disabled through that.