MQX 4.1 BSP Cloning Wizard - must use to create an MQX 4.0 BSP clone?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 4.1 BSP Cloning Wizard - must use to create an MQX 4.0 BSP clone?

gorakk
Contributor IV

If both MQX 4.0.0 and 4.1.1 are installed - must the MQX 4.1 BSP Cloning Wizard be used to create a BSP clone for either one?

I had a situation recently where I needed to re-generate an MQX 4.0 BSP from scratch.  When this BSP was first generated I only had MQX 4.0.0 on my system.  This time I had both 4.0.0 and 4.1.1.

I used the MQX 4.0 BSP Cloning Wizard to create the clone - but when I tried to build it there were numerous errors.

After much head scratching I remembered seeing a selection in the MQX 4.1 BSP Cloning Wizard for MQX RTOS Version.  So I went to the MQX 4.1 BSP Cloning Wizard and selected an MQX RTOS Version of "4.0". This newly created BSP was able to be successfully built.

And looking ahead - when MQX 4.2 is released - will the MQX 4.2 BSP Cloning Wizard be required to create a 4.2, 4.1, or 4.0 BSP?

Allen

0 Kudos
4 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Allen,

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce your issue, I have installed MQX 4.0.0 and 4.1.1, I tried cloning a BSP for the twr-k53 but this is working fine for me.

Which board do you need to clone?

Regards

Soledad

0 Kudos

gorakk
Contributor IV

Soledad,

Thanks for looking into this issue.

I cloned the twrk60f120m. 

The clone that was generated from the MQX 4.0 BSP Cloning Wizard would not build.  But the clone generated from the MQX 4.1 BSP Cloning Wizard, with MQX RTOS Version 4.0 selected, built without issue and appears to be working properly on our hardware.

Allen

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Allen,

I cloned the twrk60f120m using the MQX 4.0 BSP Cloning Wizard without issues, then I built and run a hello example without issues (using CodeWarrior 10.6).

Sorry again but I cannot reproduce the issue. So maybe it is a installation issue.

Regards

Sol

gorakk
Contributor IV

Sol,

Ok.  When I have chance to reinstall the tools I will update this thread.

Thanks again,

Allen

0 Kudos