Generate image with Yocto -> u-boot.imx not found in u-boot-imx recipe for imx51evk image

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate image with Yocto -> u-boot.imx not found in u-boot-imx recipe for imx51evk image

Jump to solution
tonim
Contributor I

Hello.

I am trying to create an image of MfsTool to imx51evk.

First I installed the meta-fsl-arm layer from http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/. (Version 1.7)

Then, run hob application, choose the imx51evk machine and fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs image.

At last, try to install the u-boot-imx Version: 2009.08.

But here fail in do_deploy and do_install steps because the file u-boot.imx not exist:

DEBUG: Executing python function sstate_task_prefunc

DEBUG: Python function sstate_task_prefunc finished

DEBUG: Executing shell function do_deploy

install: cannot stat `/poky/build/tmp/work/imx51evk-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-imx/2009.08-r18/git/u-boot.imx': No such file or directory

WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

ERROR: Function failed: do_deploy (log file is located at /poky/build/tmp/work/imx51evk-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-imx/2009.08-r18/temp/log.do_deploy.12213)

How I can fix it? Any patch ?.

Thank You.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It seems that u-boot-imx 2009.08 was removed from the Dizzy (1.7) release as it is not in use by ant board. I would suggest using the latest u-boot available on this release or switching to a previous poky release.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It seems that u-boot-imx 2009.08 was removed from the Dizzy (1.7) release as it is not in use by ant board. I would suggest using the latest u-boot available on this release or switching to a previous poky release.

0 Kudos
tonim
Contributor I

Thanks gusarambula.

You're right, in dizzy 1.7 u-boot 2009.08 has been deleted.

At the end I could fix it. I needed to create a uImage. Modifying the imx-base.inc file (in meta-fsl-arm-1.7), to change KERNEL_IMAGETYPE = "uImage" (for imx51), has generated me the uImage file.

I've uploaded via MfsgTools and perfect.

0 Kudos
asick
Contributor III

Hi Toni M,

Why change needed - KERNEL_IMAGETYPE = "uImage"  ?

for imx7ulp what are the modification needed ?

i want only uboot, kernel, rootfile system - for this what are the modification needed at a time of yocto build.

0 Kudos