Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make unblocking receive.

Jump to solution
sudhakarp
Contributor V

hi,

i am working on FRDMk64f120 controller. i modified Ethernet to serial project.

here,

" count = recv(task_p->sock_1, buff, RX_BUFFER_SIZE, 0);" so this function was waiting up to data receiving from server side. i don't

want this one. how to check server side data is there or not. if not i don't want to wait.i need NON-BLOCKING function. can you give some idea.

Regards,

sudhakar.p

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Luis_Garabo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sudhakar,

To disable the blocking in a recv() function it has to do with the sockets and not with the recv(). When the function returns depends on the values of the Receive Timeout socket options: OPT_RECEIVE_TIMEOUT. The application can change the values by calling setsockopt(). If the value is zero then RTCS waits indefinitely for incoming data during a call to recv(). If it is different than zero then RTCS waits for this number of milliseconds for incoming data during a call to recv(). The default is zero.

Try changing this value to 1 millisecond.

Have a great day,
Garabo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Luis_Garabo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sudhakar,

To disable the blocking in a recv() function it has to do with the sockets and not with the recv(). When the function returns depends on the values of the Receive Timeout socket options: OPT_RECEIVE_TIMEOUT. The application can change the values by calling setsockopt(). If the value is zero then RTCS waits indefinitely for incoming data during a call to recv(). If it is different than zero then RTCS waits for this number of milliseconds for incoming data during a call to recv(). The default is zero.

Try changing this value to 1 millisecond.

Have a great day,
Garabo

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
sudhakarp
Contributor V

Hi Garabo,

thanks a lot. i have one more problem in serial side also. in Ethernet to serial example project " tx_task" also waiting for data from serial. here also i need non blocking method , how to do that one.? if any function there to check data available on serial buffer or not. if available condition only i want to receive data.

count = fread(buff, 1, 1, ser_device);

so this one waiting for 1 data from serial side.

regards,

sudhakar.p

0 Kudos
Luis_Garabo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sudhakar,

I am afraid that the IO Subsystems configured to work with interrupt mode. You will need to use the the UART Peripheral driver rather than the IO Subsystem. The non-blocking function are UART_DRV_SendData() and UART_DRV_ReceiveData(). For more information about these functions can be found in the document ..\KSDK_1.1.0\doc\Kinetis SDK v.1.1 API Reference Manual.pdf

Hope this solves your question.

Have a great day,
Garabo

0 Kudos
Luis_Garabo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sudhakar,

Could you please let us know what MQX version you are using?

Regards,

Garabo

0 Kudos
sudhakarp
Contributor V

i am using KSDK 1.1.0 version. and also KDS 2.0.0 IDE am using

0 Kudos