cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create another task without help of current running task

Jump to solution
sudhakarp
Contributor V

i want to listen 2port simultaneously. can you give any solution for this..?

i tried example rtcs project code but i cant listen two port at the same time.after one client connected only it was processing another one. how to listen 2port or how to initialize 2port at a same time

example code:

err = select(2,&rfds,NULL,0);

test_tid = _task_create(0, TEST_TASK_INDEX, (uint32_t) &task_p);

if (tx_tid == MQX_NULL_TASK_ID)

{

fprintf(stderr, "Fatal Error 0x%X: Unable to create transmit task.", _task_get_error());

_task_block();

}

actually "select(2,&rfds,NULL,0);" in  this function was waiting upto incoming connection.

after that only its creating TEST_TASK_INDEX,  so how to avoid that problem. how to create another task without help of current running task. i am new for RTOS now only i am learning, i am waiting for your  reply..

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

In the task template list contains the information of the attributes of tasks that MQX creates, and it could be any combination of:

• NULL: When MQX starts, it does not create an instance of the task. MQX uses FIFO scheduling for the task.
  • MQX_AUTO_START_TASK: When MQX starts, it creates one instance of the task.
  • MQX_DSP_TASK: MQX saves the DSP coprocessor registers as part of the task’s context.
  • MQX_FLOATING_POINT_TASK: MQX saves floating-point registers as part of the task’s context.

So if all the tasks have as attribute MQX_AUTO_START_TASK then the tasks will run without help of another task. MQX uses FIFO scheduling for the task.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

In the task template list contains the information of the attributes of tasks that MQX creates, and it could be any combination of:

• NULL: When MQX starts, it does not create an instance of the task. MQX uses FIFO scheduling for the task.
  • MQX_AUTO_START_TASK: When MQX starts, it creates one instance of the task.
  • MQX_DSP_TASK: MQX saves the DSP coprocessor registers as part of the task’s context.
  • MQX_FLOATING_POINT_TASK: MQX saves floating-point registers as part of the task’s context.

So if all the tasks have as attribute MQX_AUTO_START_TASK then the tasks will run without help of another task. MQX uses FIFO scheduling for the task.

Have a great day,
Sol

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos