Perpetual license?

Jump to solution
skaiser
Contributor II

This is my license:

Freescale Part Number: CWP-STANDARD-NL
Freescale Product Description: CodeWarrior Standard Suite - Perpetual
Registration ID Number: CWP-STANDARD-NL_17066

Why is no longer listed in my licenses? I need to move it to a new computer.

The yearly maintenance for it lapsed around 2011, but isn't it a "perpetual" license?
I have tried contacting you via a service request, but I only got a quick response telling me that my license is expired.

Please explain to me why a perpetual license expires.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
skaiser
Contributor II

ok this issue has been resolved.

I reached someone human at Freescale via online chat.

The chat person setup a new service request for me, and that new service request was responded to promptly. I believe he sent an internal email to someone to asking them to look into it.

Freescale issued me an entirely new Registration ID Number, which I am happy to say does work ok.

So it took many weeks, and I was beginning to doubt, but finally Freescale came through.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
skaiser
Contributor II

ok this issue has been resolved.

I reached someone human at Freescale via online chat.

The chat person setup a new service request for me, and that new service request was responded to promptly. I believe he sent an internal email to someone to asking them to look into it.

Freescale issued me an entirely new Registration ID Number, which I am happy to say does work ok.

So it took many weeks, and I was beginning to doubt, but finally Freescale came through.

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If customer cannot find his CW suite on web system, a sample way to active a Freescale account in web licensing is to download an evaluation tool. For details, please have a look to the link below:

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-103095

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
skaiser
Contributor II

I have downloaded an eval tool as that link suggests. Then when I attempt to register my perpetual registration code "CWP-STANDARD-NL_17066" I get this response:

"The registration code you are attempting to activate does not exist. Please return to the previous screen and verify the registration code. If you believe you have reached this page in error, please contact Freescale Technical Support."

I contacted Freescale Technical Support on Feb 23 2105. They replied to me:

"We do not have a record on any Active suite present at this time. The only record we have is CWP-STANDARD-NL_17066 and this was inactivated on July 2012."

So Freescale has inactivated my perpetual suite, and right now no one seems able to reactivate it. Help!

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please update your old Service Request to request the CodeWarrior Suite re-activation.  Or summit a new Service Request for it. Thank you!

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi Steven,

you use perpetual license that can't be expired.

what's your SR number?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

0 Kudos
skaiser
Contributor II

What is an "SR" number and where can I locate it?

I am registered for CW DSC568000/E (Classic IDE) v8.2

I am hoping to get this perpetual license moved to a new computer, and if possible, upgraded to use CW MCU (Eclipee IDE) v10.6

0 Kudos