cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read K60 mask set?

Jump to solution
cfgmgr
Contributor III

Is there some way to determine (at boot time) the mask set of my K60 silicon?  Do I use REVID?

I have some boards with 120Mhz masks, and some with 150Mhz masks, and I want to be sure that I setup the MCGOUTCLK for the proper max frequency.

How do I interpret the value returned from REVID?

Many thanks

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You can use the REVID field to determinate the silicon version of your device. There is no way to check the core max frequency. Please refer to this thread, it might be useful.

Re: K60 rev 1.x rev2.x unique firmware

Hope this information can help you

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You can use the REVID field to determinate the silicon version of your device. There is no way to check the core max frequency. Please refer to this thread, it might be useful.

Re: K60 rev 1.x rev2.x unique firmware

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
cfgmgr
Contributor III

Thanks so much for your quick reply, Adrian.   Sadly, you've confirmed what I suspected - there is no way to determine max frequency. 

My application case is rather limited to K60 devices with FPUs; Although our current systems use 150Mhz K60s, I do need to support older batches of hardware that were built with 120MHz devices.  I was hoping to be able to detect which device was present at boot time, and adjust MCGOUTCLK max freq accordingly. It sounds like you are saying that there is no way to do that.  Pity.

On a different note, is there a document that summarizes the differences in revisions for all the K-series devices?   I am looking for something like EB782, but I see that EB782 is for 100Mhz non-FPU devices.  Is there a similar document for the 120Mhz and 150MHz devices with FPUs?

Thanks again,

-bill

0 Kudos
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I am afraid we do not have such document. Please take a look a this document it might be helpful: AN4526.

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano