cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spi on MKE04

paolocolombo
Contributor III

Hi to all,

I'm developing a software with MKE04 and Codewarrior 10.6 with PE.

I have to use SPI0 as MASTER without SS pin, but the PE bean don't let me do it, becasure it requres me always the SS pin.

I discovered that PE sets always the MODFEN bit. This is a problem for me, because I use SS pin for other.

Is there an update bean that allows me to do what I want ?

Thanks to all.

Paolo

Labels (1)
6 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paolo,

Thank you very much for your focus on Freescale Kinetis product. I'm glad to provide service for you.

I was wondering if you can tell me which component you implemented, then I will try it for check.

I'm looking forward to your reply.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

paolocolombo
Contributor III

Thank you for your interest!

I'm developing with Codewarrior 10.6, microcontroller Kinetis MKE04Z128VLH4, and I use SPI0 with the beans SyncroMaster, or InitSPI.

As you can see, the "Slave Select Pin" option is gray and can not be disabled,

In configuration register window, I see MODFEN bit is set, and I don't know how to do to clear them.

With MODFEN set, pin PT3/SPI0_PCS, is used, but clearing MODFEN it's possible use PTE3/SPI0_PCS like GPIO.

Thanks again, and best regards.

Paolo Colombo

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paolo,

I've encountered the same issue when I used the CW10.6 and KDS v2.0.

I think you need to modify the generated code manually if you want disable the SS pin.

Wish it helps.
Have a great day,

Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

屏幕截图.jpg

abdullahkahrama
Contributor IV

Hello Ping,

I am having the same issue with KE02 and CW 10.6. SPIMaster_LDD sets the MODFEN bit and I cannot make Processor Expert behave differently. Here is the code in "SM1.c" file generated for SPIMaster_LDD by Processor Expert:

SPI0_C2 = SPI_C2_MODFEN_MASK;        /* Set configuration register */

Could you report this issue to Processor Expert team? Although I am hopeless since they are ditching support for CodeWarrior for Kinetis series..

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Adbullah Kahraman,

Thanks for your reminder, I'll report the bug to the KDS develop team later.
Have a great day,
Ping

mstroven
Contributor III

Hello,

Any update on this bug?  I ran into the same thing about a week ago, but only just today discovered this post.