Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gstreamer - Installation

Jump to solution
karthiksridhara
Contributor I

Hello All

I am currently working on the iMX6 solo platform running linux and am trying to develop a video streaming application using Gstreamer. I have gone through the previous posts related to the installation of gstreamer. I am quiet new to this and I have the following queries

1. Can the BSPs provided by freescale be used for any board with an iMX6 Solo processor (other than the SABRE boards).

2. Is there a general procedure to install Gstreamer on an iMX6 board running linux.

Regards

Karthik

1 Solution
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

for ltib, you can download the bsp and document from freescale official website as below:

<http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6S&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab>.

these bsp and document are available for the freescale board, if you use the third-party board, maybe you need to contact them directly to get the bsp.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

could you tell me what bsp you  use? ltib or yocto?

if ltib, you can find the multimedia user guide in the codec package, if yocto, pls find the i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide in the bsp package, then focus on the chapter 7 Multimedia.

karthiksridhara
Contributor I

Hello Guanqiong Xie

Thank you for your reply. I am using ltib. Can this multimedia user guide and BSP be used for any board available in the market or is it just for the boards which I find on the Freescale website.

Regards

Karthik

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

for ltib, you can download the bsp and document from freescale official website as below:

<http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6S&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab>.

these bsp and document are available for the freescale board, if you use the third-party board, maybe you need to contact them directly to get the bsp.

0 Kudos