What is best way for communication with PC when MCU runs in bootload mode?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is best way for communication with PC when MCU runs in bootload mode?

Jump to solution
eunseokjung
Contributor II

Hi, all.

I'm curious about bootload communication way.

First my option is polling mode when MCU communicates with PC by UART.

Second is interrupt mode.

What is best option for managing my device?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eunseok,

I think no matter using the polling mode or interrupt mode is Ok for MCU to receive the data from the PC correctly.

The key of the communication is guaranteeing the process follow the corresponding protocol.

I'd like to suggest that you can refer to AN2295 note and its code for details which share an example of serial bootloader.

Please learn more details about them through the link as below.

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN2295.pdf

cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN2295SW.zip
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eunseok,

I think no matter using the polling mode or interrupt mode is Ok for MCU to receive the data from the PC correctly.

The key of the communication is guaranteeing the process follow the corresponding protocol.

I'd like to suggest that you can refer to AN2295 note and its code for details which share an example of serial bootloader.

Please learn more details about them through the link as below.

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN2295.pdf

cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN2295SW.zip
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos