5213 SYNCA and GPT

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5213 SYNCA and GPT

mjcaisse
Contributor I
I have worked many years with the 5307 and 5282 parts and even with early mask releases the documentation wasn't as bad as the 5213.

The documentation seems to indicate that there is a SYNCA and SYNCB (though there is only one GPT in the 5213). The documentation also states "A high signal on this pin clears the counter".

The GPIO map leads one to believe that there are both SYNCA/SYNCB and can be accessed in places such as PORTUB[3:2] as the second function. I have configured the pins as such and litteraly banged my head on the table trying to get the counter to reset to 0 based on an external sync.

Any ideas would be greatly welcome.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

macl
Senior Contributor I
Hi,
  There are some differences in the naming convensions between the 5282 and 5213.  The SYNCA and SYNCB pins are actually for ADC of the 5213.  These are external timer clock inputs to trigger ADC conversions. 

The GPT on 5282 has SYNC inputs that reset the free-running counter.  This functionality was not implemented on 5213.  Unfortunately, it looks like an old documentation note snuck in the 5213 manual (Table 18-2).  I can put in a request to have it updated.

Thanks for your feedback.  If you encounter any more documentation errors, please submit a service request.

Thanks,

Mac

0 Kudos

mjcaisse
Contributor I
Even an indication from somebody that they have gotten the SYNCA to work on a Coldfire processor would make me feel better  (o;  .

0 Kudos