cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMPF0100 external sequencing

mahi
Contributor IV

Hi Community,

is it possible to use the MMPF0100 without the sequencing functionality?

As we have a microcontroller on our board for power sequencing of additional regulators anyway, this controller could also take care of MMPF0100 during startup/shutdown.

My idea was to configure the MMPF0100 with all sequence registers set to 0 and setting the individual converters' registers via I2C during startup/shutdown. This would either simplify board bring-up and would also make it possible to nest the sequencing of MMPF and external regulators.

Unfortunately I don't have a suitable Board with MMPF0100 here to try it - so I post the question here...

Best regards,

Martin

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Martin

this is not possible without custom programming of power sequence,

however seems one can use NP part, controlling it via I2C. From MMPF0100

sect.6.1 Start-up

For NP devices, selecting the OTP configuration causes the PF0100 to not

start-up. However, the PF0100 can be controlled through the I2C port for

prototyping and programming.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mahi
Contributor IV

Hi Igor,

my intention was to use the NP part and the "Try-Before-Buy" feature. But I cannot find a hint in the manual, what exactly happens when setting the sequence parameter of a channel to zero (only "the regulator [...] remains off").

I assume when using internal sequencing, the parameters from the OTP memory are transfered somehow to the functional page. But there are also some parameters in the OTP area that are not in the functional page (e.g. SW1_CONFIG) - will the values of the OTP memory be applied also when the sequence parameter is zero.

I will try it on my own, when I have a board with MMPF0100 here at my desk...

Best regards,

Martin

0 Kudos