cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BootLoader Check

Jump to solution
carlovalgocela
Contributor III

I'm trying to do a first run on our carrier boards with PCM052 installed.

I then configured the SOM in the Phytec development board to boot from NAND flash it boots properly.

When I  place this SOM in our carrier board, it does not boot no traffic is seen in the RS232 TX or RX pins.

What the team observed on the TX line of the RS232 we see +6 rather than -6 as we would expect(this is what we observed in the Phytec development board), we see no outputs.

We have checked the reset sequence.  The external reset signal goes high about 25ms after power is applied.  Signals look clean.

The 3.3V for the SOM looks good. The 24MHz oscillator is running.

The signal level look the same as when it is running in the Phytec development board.

- Are there any test points to check to determine the SOM is properly booted aside from RS232?

- What needs to be check that might help me debug the issue.

- What other means to check the bootloader is loaded and booted correctly.

Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Carlo,

please check boot config pins: There are couple of them in table2-2 to 2-4 of http://phytec.com/site/assets/files/1593/vybrid_hardware_manual_l-783e.pdf

MCU_PTB2, ....

/Jiri

0 Kudos
carlovalgocela
Contributor III

Good Day!

We fixed the issue by connecting MCU_PTB2 is set to GND.

We missed this one because we haven't seen a documentation saying it needs to be controlled during boot.

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport can you help here?

0 Kudos