cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL25Z connection issues

georgeaguirre
Contributor I

Hello community,

Last year I was able to try out the Freedom KL25Z, and I fell in love with it. It worked perfectly the first time I plugged it into my computer, both on Windows 7 and Ubuntu. The same went for my KL46Z and K64F. However, I pulled out the KL25Z again recently, and for whatever reason the board would acknowledge that it was connected to the OpenSDA port, but it would not appear in my computer's menu (on Ubuntu, here. On Windows I had the same issue, and then it magically fixed itself, and then it magically stopped working again). It doesn't seem to be the software on my computer, because the KL46Z and the K64F work just fine. Only my KL25Z is experiencing issues with connectivity. Any advice on how to troubleshoot it?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

georgeaguirre
Contributor I

Also, my computer seems to know that it is there. When I type "lsusb" into the terminal, the computer finds the board as "P & E Microcomputer Systems". Even so, it still doesn't appear in my list of connected devices. Is this due to the drivers for only the KL25Z being damaged, or is it a board communication issue?

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear George,

please, have you tried reload the bootloader?

You need to download files, in bootloader mode overburn bootloader and reload openSDA.

P&E Microcomputer Systems

After that it should works.

I hope it helps,

Iva

0 Kudos