Nothing RPROVIDES 'pcap' ... but ... meta-fsl-networking/images/fsl-image-full.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing RPROVIDES 'pcap' ... but ... meta-fsl-networking/images/fsl-image-full.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)

Jump to solution
kevindankwardt
Contributor I

I need pcap and I thought it easiest to just try and build the full image but it doesn't build.

I need a toolchain with pcap and lots of other things in the sysroot so that I can build my application.

I don't need a kernel or rootfs. Just the toolchain.

My target machine is t2080rdb-64b. For a recipe I am trying fsl-image-full and that is what gave the error in the subject.

Perhaps there is another image recipe to choose?

I am using Hob.

thanks,

Kevin

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kevin Dankwardt,

I think the package name should be "libpcap" rather than "pcap".

Please check whether the following procedure could help you to implement your purpose.

1. Please install Cache ISO QorIQ-SDK-V1.7-PPC64E6500-CACHE-20141218-yocto.iso and SOURCE ISO QorIQ-SDK-V1.7-SOURCE-20141218-yocto.iso.

2. source ./poky/fsl-setup-poky -m t2080rdb-64b

3. Execute "bitbake fsl-toolchain" to deploy Toolchain environment, and get GCC toolchain deploy environment in build_t2080rdb-64b_release/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/ppc64e6500-fsl-linux/.

4. Execute "bitbake libpcap" and libpcap will be deployed into sysroot environment.

5. Execute "bitbake fsl-image-core" to deploy other package into sysroot.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kevin Dankwardt,

I think the package name should be "libpcap" rather than "pcap".

Please check whether the following procedure could help you to implement your purpose.

1. Please install Cache ISO QorIQ-SDK-V1.7-PPC64E6500-CACHE-20141218-yocto.iso and SOURCE ISO QorIQ-SDK-V1.7-SOURCE-20141218-yocto.iso.

2. source ./poky/fsl-setup-poky -m t2080rdb-64b

3. Execute "bitbake fsl-toolchain" to deploy Toolchain environment, and get GCC toolchain deploy environment in build_t2080rdb-64b_release/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/ppc64e6500-fsl-linux/.

4. Execute "bitbake libpcap" and libpcap will be deployed into sysroot environment.

5. Execute "bitbake fsl-image-core" to deploy other package into sysroot.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos