Won't generate the license file for MPC56xx suite.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't generate the license file for MPC56xx suite.

davidedmunds
Contributor I

I have a node-locked license that I'm trying to activate for the MPC56xx tools.  It lists that license as being one that I have.  When I try to get the license file generated it says "No License generated, please enter the required information."  I am using the Disk ID, and obtained it from the VOL command.  I am entering it without the dash.  What's the issue here?

C:\vol

Volume in drive C is Windows7_OS

Volume Serial Number is DE04-E92C

Node Host ID    Disk Serial Number

Name                DE04E92C

No License generated, please enter the required information.

It tells you not to use the -, but it doesn't help if you do.  Lower case doesn't work either.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

It seems you've a problem to generate the license file.

Attached you will find a temp license.

Rename it to license.dat file.

Regarding the problem.

Probably we should continue to investigate the problem outside the community.

May be we need to exchange some personal information.

Can I recommend you to create a Service Request for this issue ?

On the License Community post you will find several docs explaining how to generate a license file with new web system.

Else you can refer to the Licensing and Registration FAQ|Freescale too.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

davidedmunds
Contributor I

Pascal,

When I "reply" to your message it goes to a very strange looking email address, but I let it go. I've added yours from your email too.

There wasn't an attachment to the email you sent me, at least it didn't get here if there way, so I didn't get a temporary license file.

I filed a support request.

Dave

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

David,

The temp license was included as attachment license_mpc_55XX_V2_10.txt.zip in my previous post.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

davidedmunds
Contributor I

I should have added this to the question -- it seems to indicate that I do in fact have a license available, but that it just won't give it to me.

Number of Licenses Available

License Applicable to Product(s):
  Version  Description
  2.91  CodeWarrior for MPC55xx/MPC56xx - Professional Edition

0 Kudos