CW 10.6 workspace crashes often

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 10.6 workspace crashes often

ignisuti_
Contributor IV

I've been using CW Eclipse since 10.1 and am now currently on CW 10.6. An issue I've had all along is that my workspace "crashes". The problem first presents itself as "odd" behavior from the debugger reporting variable data that is inaccurate. I know the IDE/Workspace crashed because I'll eventually close the IDE and re-open. When I do that, I get a message telling me CW can't open my workspace. The frustrating part is that I don't always immediately get this message. Sometimes, I have to close and re-open multiple times. Sometimes I have to reboot my PC.

-I'm using a Windows 7 64-bit PC with 8GB of RAM. Don't know if this is valuable information, but I am usually around the 4GB boundary of RAM usage when I see this problem occur.

-From CW10.1 to CW10.5, I was using Kinetis MCU and had this issue once every few months.

-Now, I'm on CW10.6 (running all the latest updates) and am I'm using HCS08 MCU. The problem seems to be at least once a week if not DAILY!

Once this problem occurs, I've have to delete my .metadata folder and rebuild my entire workspace. That used to take me 30 minutes, but I'm getting so much practice recently, I can now do it in 10 minutes. This problem has been VERY frustrating as it's had me loose countless hours of development time chasing errors that are not real (because of data inaccurately reported by the debugger)! At the VERY least, I need a method of knowing when this issue has occurred so I can reboot and get back to a clean slate.

Is this a known issue? Are other people experiencing this?

Is there something I'm doing that makes this issue appear more often?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ignisuti_
Contributor IV

I'm not sharing the workspace between different versions. Simply explaining that I've had a long history of this type of issue while using CodeWarrior over the past few years with EVERY project.

There is no real error message other than when I re-open the IDE and I'm told it can't open my workspace.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi Joe,

CW10.6 can't share workspace with CW10.1.

is this problem in one project or a common issue in all project. is there any error report coming out before CW crashed?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos