Does the K22 have one or two quadrature encoder-compatible FlexTimers?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the K22 have one or two quadrature encoder-compatible FlexTimers?

dave408
Senior Contributor II

The K22 pin map indicates FTM2 support for  quadrature encoders because it lists FTM2_QD_PHA and FTM2_QD_PHB.  The reference manual's FTM memory map refers to FTM2_QDCTRL.  But Table 3-46 says FTM2 is general purpose only and 10-16 seems to imply the same.  Can anyone clarify these seemingly-conflicting pieces of information?

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave408,

I think it maybe doc issue and I'd like to confirm with you about the name of this RM.

After I check it, I'll report this issue to Document team.

I'm looking forward to your reply.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dave408
Senior Contributor II
0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave408,

Thanks for your reply.

The first file is applicable to the K22_50, however the second for the K22_120.

The two kinds of MCU actually contain different peripheral and I think you mixed up them.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

dave408
Senior Contributor II

Thanks for the clarification, Ping!  Is this the one I should have been looking at?  http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/ref_manual/K22P121M100SF9RM.pdf

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave408,

This file is applicable to the K22_100.

I'd like to recommend that you should tell me the exactly product number of your chip which is printed on the chip, then you can tell which file you should refer to.

Wish it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

0 Kudos

dave408
Senior Contributor II

Thanks, Ping.  I wasn't careful enough.  I eventually found the matching datasheet and reference manual (confirmed with the exact part number on the title pages).  It's just that the links I was following before would take me to a page on Freescale that had a lot of processors and I picked the closest one I could find.  I can find the links on google, they are just a little farther down.  User error!  :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos