Command line invocation of Code Warrior class v2.10 special edition.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command line invocation of Code Warrior class v2.10 special edition.

abhijitdeshpand
Contributor I

I am using code warrior classic v2.10 special edition for developing small demo program on Freescale board. But, when I try to run tools from this code warrior from command-line (for batch mode operation), it fails at linking stage due to license error. I noticed that linker is looking for "Win32_Plugins_Link_PPC" license feature, where-as my special edition has "Win32_Plugins_Link_PPC_128K" license feature. Can someone let me know how to fix this issue? I believe, one should be allowed to compile / build program using command-line invocation as long as the code size is within the limits.

The license error is as follows:

### mwldeppc.exe Driver Error:

#   License check failed: No such feature exists.

#   Feature:       Win32_Plugins_Link_PPC

#   License path:  C:\Freescale\CW_for_MPC55xx_and_MPC56xx_2.10\license.dat;

#   FLEXnet Licensing error:-5,357

#   For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,

#   available at "www.macrovision.com".

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

First, the license file should be placed under CodeWarrior installation folder, usually is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CW for MPC55xx and MPC56xx  2.10\

The next, please check whether you have set the PATH Environment Variable in the script:

SET CWFolder= C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CW for MPC55xx and MPC56xx  2.10

SET LM_LICENSE_FILE=%CWFolder%/license.dat

And could you please check whether you enabled C++ feature?  Please remove the C++ compiler options,thanks!

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

abhijitdeshpand
Contributor I

Hi,

My installation directory is:

C:\Freescale\CW_for_MPC55xx_and_MPC56xx_2.10 and license file is available at C:\Freescale\CW_for_MPC55xx_and_MPC56xx_2.10\license.dat

I have set LM_LICENSE_FILE to above path. I have not used environment variable CWFolder and I think it should not matter. Correct me if it's not the case.

So, I don't see anything wrong in my settings. But, still the linker is expecting the license feature "Win32_Plugins_Link_PPC" where-as my license file contains the feature "Win32_Plugins_Link_PPC_128K".

Reg. disabling C++ feature, can you let me know how to do it on command-line? And, would this setting affect this licensing issue?

Thanks,

Abhijit

0 Kudos