Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download *.s3 file to MC9S12XEP100 using Hiwave.exe and P&E USB Multilink

Jump to solution
zhounenghui
Contributor I

Hello!

I am using CW 5.1, hiwave.exe and P&E USB Multilink Interface.

When I`m flashing a *.s3 file down to the microcontroller(MC9S12XEP100), the following error is issued by HIwave:

"Error while writing to 7E0000..7E0200.

Information: No memory at this address."

I found CrasyCat has already answered this question, He let us refer to FAQ-27684, but now i can't find this document.

who can share this document with me?

thanks!

Nenghui

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Below is the content in FAQ-27684:

Problem:         

I have a HCS12X/HCS12XE S-record file that contains only global addresses. Can I load it into CodeWarrior debugger?

Solution:

The issue here is that CodeWarrior debugger does not know whether the addresses specified in a S-record file are global addresses, or logical addresses. You can inform the debugger that you loading a S-record file containing global addresses as follows:

1) Close the CodeWarrior debugger.

2) Edit your debug configuration file (usually P&E_ICD.ini). If you are not sure of the configuration file name, you should see the full name of that file in the debugger's title bar.

Alternatively, it is the name of the file you specify in the -Prod option when starting the debugger.

3) In the [HI-WAVE] section of the configuration file, add following line:

SRECISS12XGLOBALADR=1

4) Save the file and restart the debugger.

From now on, the debugger will assume all S-record files contain global addresses. If you wish to load a logical S-record, you have to first remove that line.

You can also work with two distinct .ini files, one configured for global S-records, and another one for logical S-records.

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Below is the content in FAQ-27684:

Problem:         

I have a HCS12X/HCS12XE S-record file that contains only global addresses. Can I load it into CodeWarrior debugger?

Solution:

The issue here is that CodeWarrior debugger does not know whether the addresses specified in a S-record file are global addresses, or logical addresses. You can inform the debugger that you loading a S-record file containing global addresses as follows:

1) Close the CodeWarrior debugger.

2) Edit your debug configuration file (usually P&E_ICD.ini). If you are not sure of the configuration file name, you should see the full name of that file in the debugger's title bar.

Alternatively, it is the name of the file you specify in the -Prod option when starting the debugger.

3) In the [HI-WAVE] section of the configuration file, add following line:

SRECISS12XGLOBALADR=1

4) Save the file and restart the debugger.

From now on, the debugger will assume all S-record files contain global addresses. If you wish to load a logical S-record, you have to first remove that line.

You can also work with two distinct .ini files, one configured for global S-records, and another one for logical S-records.

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos