Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL03 Voltage Reference Start-up Time

Jump to solution
bradsundstrom
Contributor II

Hello,

Section 30.5 in the KL03 reference manual (rev 4) indicates that there is a settling time that you must wait before using the voltage reference to ensure accurate results. The reference manual says that this time is specified by Tchop_osc_stup, which is defined in the datasheet. I can find no mention of the Tchip_osc_step parameter in the datasheet for KL03.

Am I missing something, or should this be published in the datasheet?

From section 30.5:

When the chop oscillator is enabled, the settling time of the internal bandgap reference is defined by Tchop_osc_stup (chop oscillator start up time). You must wait this time (Tchop_osc_stup) after the internal bandgap has been enabled to ensure the VREF internal reference voltage has stabilized.

Thanks,

Brad

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Brad:

I just received confirmation that the value of Tchop_osc_st is maximum 35 ms. This will be included in the next revision of the datasheet.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Brad:

I just received confirmation that the value of Tchop_osc_st is maximum 35 ms. This will be included in the next revision of the datasheet.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Brad:

I am sorry for the time with no response. Not sure if the information is still relevant for you but I am checking it anyway. I will post a response as soon as I get it.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos