Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW HC12 4.5, build 6037 and Axiom Manufacturing CML-12C32

Jump to solution
MitchS
Contributor I
Hello,

I'm trying to learn the new ways of CodeWarrior (CW) after having used the AxIDE in the past with the HC11.

I now have the CML-12C32 (MC9S12C32) from Axiom and while I can get the AxIDE to see the board via the serial port (COM1), I'm having no such luck whatsoever with CW. I have used the project wizard in CW to start my project and have chosen to build the project with both the "Full Chip Simulation" and the "HCS12 Serial Monitor". The program works under the simulation (as far as I can tell), but when I try to select the serial monitor to download to the hardware, CW replies that there is no hardware found.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hello,
your problems is probably this: in order that you can connect from the debugger to a serial monitor, the serial monitor itself has to be flashed on the the target board. I assume your board is a blank/bare one? In this case you need first to download/flash the serial monitor itself to the target using a BDM connection.

BL

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MitchS
Contributor I
Oh, I almost forgot...

The program I'm trying to get to run is a lab that can be found at the following URL.
http://www.freescale.com/files/student_learning_kits/doc/academic_labs/LABS12CINTRO04S.pdf?fsrch=1

Thanks
0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hello,
your problems is probably this: in order that you can connect from the debugger to a serial monitor, the serial monitor itself has to be flashed on the the target board. I assume your board is a blank/bare one? In this case you need first to download/flash the serial monitor itself to the target using a BDM connection.

BL
0 Kudos
MitchS
Contributor I
BlackNight,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Thanks for the tip. There is the AxIDE serial monitor on the board and the AxIDE can communicate with the board, but CW can't. I suppose there are non-CW compatible monitors. I had figured they were all created equal and/or there were generic/standard interface drivers available.

I'll try to round up a BDM and flash a new monitor I guess.

Thanks for the help,

Mitch
0 Kudos