FRDM-KE02 trouble ( always in debugging mode without reset button pressed)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KE02 trouble ( always in debugging mode without reset button pressed)

CitRam
Contributor III

Hi All

FRDM-KE02 trouble, always in debugging mode without reset button pressed, LED always blinks.

I worked with FRDM-KE02Z via CodeWarrior. I just tried Flash File to target. And got the same trouble with two board

Windows 7

CodeWarrior: 10.6. Build Id:140329

FRDM-KE02Z firmware updated

Board Name is: FRDM-KE02Z

MicroBoot Kernel Version is: 1.05

Bootloader Version is: 1.11

Installed Application: PEMicro FRDM-KE02Z Mass Storage/Debug App

Application Version is: 1.14

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

Fan_xy
Contributor III

Hello Cit,

Do you mean it can not flash ?

Which project do you want to flash ?

And can you show the error ? or tell me how to repeat your situation .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

CitRam
Contributor III

Yes, i can not flash, because when i plug board via usb-cable to PC, board starts always in debugging mode, button not pressed. It is clear that ,it is no possible flash when in debugging mode.

about project. Simple project created with ProcExpert. When i just get boards, the first time it worked but when I chose the wrong chip KE02Z64 - M4 instead KE02Z64 - M2 i think board  stopped working

ke02.jpg

0 Kudos

Fan_xy
Contributor III

Hello,

Please update the bootloader , refer to the "FRDM-KE02Z40m_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf"

pastedImage_0.png

do as this , then test .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

CitRam
Contributor III

Dear Fan_xy

Did you read my first post?

FRDM-KE02Z firmware updated

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

How do you updated your firmware ?

I recommend you test refer to above ,then re link the board, check whether the LED blink .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

CitRam
Contributor III

I done everything by instruction . And I tried and by official instruction and by Illustrated Step-by-Step Instructions: Updating the Freescale Freedom Board Firmware | MCU on Eclips...

Once again info from SDA_INFO.HTML

firmware from last Pemicro_OpenSDA_Debug_MSD_Update_Apps_2015_03_12

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Cit ,

The latest version is not always the right for all the board.

On my side , the version information as this :

pastedImage_0.png

and it can work well.

So please drag and past the "MSD-FRDMKE02Z_Pemicro_vXYZ.SDA" file to the bootloader.

and this file is under "FRDM-KE02Z40M Quick start package" (Freescale Freedom Development Platform for Ki|Freescale )

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

CitRam
Contributor III

it did not help. it shows that MSD-FRDMKE02Z_Pemicro_v111.SDA or DEBUG-APP_Pemicro_v106.sda but it still always start in debugging mode :smileysad:

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

so when you flash your project ,what error does it show ? Or when you debug it ?

Please show the screenshot .

And you said on your two board all have this error ,  so i double there is some wrong procedure, i suggest you tell me step by step,

then i test on my side.

Alice

0 Kudos

CitRam
Contributor III

it does not show an error, it always start from debugging mode, with green led blinking. reset button no pressed. It is clear, if it in debugging mode i can only open it as storage disk, i can see SDA_INFO.HTML and so on.

I have two board, one 20MHz version and one 40MHz

I think problem starts when i tried to flash with Flash Congiguration File KE02Z64M4.xml for 20MHz, and when i tried to check problem and select KE02Z64M2.xml for 40MHz i got some problem.

Please if you have 20MHz version, try to flash with KE02Z64M4.xml

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Cit,

1)  Press and hold the Reset button , plug in  USB, then copy and paste the "DEBUG-APP_Pemicro_v10.6.SDA"  (not the MSD-FRDM-KE02Z_Pemicro_v111.SDA )to the bootloader file.

2)  re-plug in USB, then test.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

CitRam
Contributor III

Dear Alice_Yang

I'm sorry, English not my native language. But once again, I tried to upload different versions!!! before i posted my problem here.  If you have no other advice than to upload some version of *.SDA, please don't write here

i'm waiting advice something like - try to check with oscilloscope some point or may be somebody to know how goes start up behavior

0 Kudos

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

Just curious, did the reported version change when you tried using the 1.06 version?  I had a problem updating the SDA firmware on a FRDM-KE06 board because I had opened the .zip file containing the firmware and other files in Windows Explorer, and although Windows showed the files and let me copy it from Explorer into the FRDM-KE06, it did not update.  I had to unzip the file first to extract the files, then copy the SDA file into the drive.  If it is going into the update mode without holding the reset button, I wonder if the firmware is corrupt and this could be the reason why.  If the version number doesn't change, perhaps it's not updating properly.

0 Kudos