Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JLink gdb server launching fails from KDS but not from command line

Jump to solution
mike1974
Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I get this error when trying to launch my debugger from the flash configurations window...

Error while launching command C:\Program Files\SEGGER\JLink_V496b\JLinkGDBServerCL.exe -if swd -device MK22FN1M0xxx12 -endian little -speed 1000 -port 2331 -swoport 2332 -telnetport 2333 -vd -ir -localhostonly 1 -s

Cannot run program "C:\Program Files\SEGGER\JLink_V496b\JLinkGDBServerCL.exe": Launching failed

However if I go to the command prompt and paste the same command, it seems to be ok...

Connecting to J-Link...

J-Link is connected.

Firmware: J-Link V9 compiled Feb 20 2015 09:20:19

Hardware: V9.20

S/N: 59200469

Feature(s): GDB

Checking target voltage...

Target voltage: 3.37 V

Listening on TCP/IP port 2331

Connecting to target...Connected to target

Waiting for GDB connection...

Anyone know what the problem is?  Thank you...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

JLinkGDBServer.exe is a Win32 executable, and therefore you need to launch it correctly (as a windows binary). You cannot launch binaries/executables from normal eclipse views.

If you want to launch binaries, have a look at things like WickedShell (5 Best Eclipse Plugins: #5 (WickedShell) | MCU on Eclipse) or simply launch it as 'external tool'. I use that approach e.g. to launch the explorer.exe, see http://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/11/24/adding-show-in-windows-explorer-to-eclipse/

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

JLinkGDBServer.exe is a Win32 executable, and therefore you need to launch it correctly (as a windows binary). You cannot launch binaries/executables from normal eclipse views.

If you want to launch binaries, have a look at things like WickedShell (5 Best Eclipse Plugins: #5 (WickedShell) | MCU on Eclipse) or simply launch it as 'external tool'. I use that approach e.g. to launch the explorer.exe, see http://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/11/24/adding-show-in-windows-explorer-to-eclipse/

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos